FO: Sock per week, weeks 1 & 2

I’ve decided to knit one sock per week for the rest of the year. Not for a whole year, that would be crazy. Just til December 31st. If I succeed, I’ll have completed 8 pair by the end of the year. This is the first pair, which took me 2 weeks and 2 days to finish, because I am easily distracted.

Pattern: An Easier Heelby me
Yarn: Austermann Step (roughly 72g of the 100g skein)
Ravelry project page

Pattern modifications:
Increased to 55 sts for gusset because I was trying to be OCD about exactly where the striping was going to line up. Started heel with k30 to make up for the one missing stitch.

This is also the first time I've ever attempted to make the stripes match up on a pair of socks. Normally I just go with it. The whole charm of handknit socks is that they are a little crazy. But this time I decided to change things up a bit.

I also made the socks a tiny bit too big for me (and for my sock blockers), which is why they are kinda wrinkly. 

1 comment: