Hello again! I've missed a month, and the biggest news right now is our sign (hooray!) and a plethora of new and exciting classes coming up! Thanks to all of you who came to take advantage of our sale this past weekend. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to carry some fun new yarns for summer -- LOTS of sock yarns, for lightweight shawls and the ever-so-portable sock projects!
Contents of this message:
1. It's a Sign! - we finally got our sign up!
2. Upcoming Classes - including THREE NEW CLASSES never before offered!
3. Social Knit/Crochet Events - New & old, a summary of our social knitting/crochet events
1. It's a Sign!
Over 9 months after our ever-so-grand opening, we finally have SIGNAGE. That's right, folks. LETTERS big enough to see from the street. Nay, from a block away! Can you tell we're excited? Take a look at the pictures!
2. Upcoming Classes
**NEW** Baby Valentine Sweater (link)
**NEW** Crochet Flowers (link)
Knit 101 (link)
Crochet 101 (link
...and in May, we will be offering:
**NEW** Dyeing Workshop (link)
Toe-up Socks (link)
Knit & Crochet 101
3. Social Knitting/Crochet Events
These events are social groups. No instruction is provided during these times -- they are just an opportunity to hang out with like-minded individuals, celebrating and practicing the fiber arts. Information on classes can be found on our website by clicking the 'classes' link at the top of the page. ALL our events, including classes, can be seen on our Google Calendar.
Clever Knits knitnight: EVERY Tuesday 6-10pm
- don't be fooled by the name; both knitting AND crochet are welcome
- please, no children (it's a school night!)
more info here
Oceanside Knitters: EVERY Friday 5-8pm
- no need to be an Oceanside resident - all are welcome!
- children who knit or crochet are welcome to attend
more info on Ravelry
Crochet-and-Knit-a-long: EVERY Sunday 1-4pm
- focus on a specific project, though others are welcome to 'crash'
more info here
Warm (& sweatery) regards,
Helena, Karen, & Lexi
if this message is reaching you second or third hand, there are many ways to keep up with Clever Knits activities:
Mailing group: http://groups.google.com/group/cleverknits/subscribe